Sunday, December 5, 2010

Bella the 40 lb lap dog

As you might imagine, reactions to Bella in China vary greatly. Most Chinese people look upon Bella with wonder, awe, and fear. Every once in a while, however, Bella is welcomed with the excitement and affection she conveys.

On Saturday, Michael and I, executing our need for efficiency, combined a walk for Bella with a trip to the hair salon for Michael. The plan was that I would walk around outside with Bella while Michael got his helmet cut. It was a bit chillier than I had anticipated, however, so I politely asked the salon receptionist if it would be OK if Bella and I stepped inside the Salon foyer to wait for Michael.


To my surprise, I was invited to sit, and Bella, never hesitant to keep my legs warm, climbed into my lap. The idle stylists and receptionist were so amused by our stunt that Bella became an instant hit. One brave soul even expressed his desire to have Bella sit in his lap. Always eager to please, sweet Bella complied. Of course, photo documentation was required.

No comments:

Post a Comment