Friday, January 21, 2011

Chinese snowmen

The snow from the other day didn't end up accumulating to much more than 4 or 5 inches. However, many Shanghai residents jumped at the opportunity for artistic expression. In my half day of errands yesterday, I spotted lots of odd little heeps of snow. Finally, the added elements of this pretty little lady helped me figure out what those heeps of snow were...

Apparently, snowmen in China have only two components: body (large heep of snow) and head (ball of snow atop the large heep of snow).

The added features on this snowman (or should I say snowwoman?) made it pretty obvious: some sort of ears, large nose, eyes, mouth, scarf, cigarette, and flowers!

This afternoon, Bella and I also spotted another snowman on our compound. If it weren't for the eyes and nose, you could see how this could be confusing, right?


1 comment:

  1. That last one looks more like a robot/octopus...
    You should make an "American" snowman and show them how it's done!

    ReplyDelete