Sunday, April 11, 2010

Michael's birthday party #1

Well, I'm a bit slow... Michael's first birthday party was actually last weekend, and I am just now getting around to posting. In the classic Megan style, I did my best to throw a surprise party for Michael, complete with one homemade birthday cake, nine adult friends (Jim and Amy had to bring their two boys because they couldn't find a sitter...), and twelve colorful "happy birthday" balloons. We played liar's dice (Yes, I won!), drank some beer, wine, and tea, and topped the evening off with a little bit of band practice (Rock Band!).


The big surprise. (Thank you, Jim, for distracting Michael while I decorated.)

Michael blowing out the candles on his homemade brownie cake.
(It was REALLY good, but I forgot to take a picture of it...)

Unfortunately Jim and Amy had to leave before band practice: Brian on the drums, Rachel on bass, Doug (out of picture) on guitar, and Michael cranking out the vocals. Elisa (our Mandarin teacher), Bella, and I were couch warmers for this set. (By the way, all of these pictures were taken by Doug, our Mandarin classmate, or Grace, his Chinese wife.) Also by the way, everyone participated in band practice except Elisa and Grace... I thought the Chinese loved karaoke?!?!?


Sorry, I know it is Michael's birthday party post,
but I just had to post this cute picture of Bella and me!
She was, of course, a big hit with everyone. Doug and Grace even want to be
her surrogate parents whenever we go out of town in the future... SWEET!

No comments:

Post a Comment