The other big thing that Michael and I did this summer was take a trip to Beijing in mid-August. We went by overnight train and stayed in Beijing from Friday morning to Sunday night. We did the main BJ highlights: Tiananman Square and the Forbidden City, and the Great Wall. We also visited the Beijing Aquarium because it rained cats and dogs all day on Saturday.
We both agreed that the highlight of our trip was the Great Wall. Following Rick's recommendation we booked a private tour of the Great Wall. It took two hours to get there by motorcycle, and I'm gonna let the pictures speak for themselves...
Our transportation: no I did not drive, we each had our own driver and got to sit in the sidecar.
Me with my driver. (Michael took all of these pictures.)
We had two other people in our group... Helmets were optional. Crazies!
A view from the wall.
I almost forgot to start looking at the blog again. I'll tell cousin Mo! It is so great to see your faces whenever I want to. THANKS.
ReplyDeleteLOVE YOU BOTH.