When I visited the dentist during my whirlwind trip in the States, I was given a clean bill of oral health. Even though I thought that I had a cavity, I was all too happy to accept the dentist's opinion that a cracked filling was to blame for my slight discomfort. Furthermore, he informed me that this filling did not require any extra attention. However, my tooth knew better. After returning to China, I had such severe tooth pain that I broke down and found a dentist. This dentist actually took the time to take x-rays of the painful tooth (who would have thought?) and informed me that not only did I have a cracked filling, but also additional tooth decay around the nerve which will likely necessitate a root canal! Now I am wondering how long this "cracked filling that did not require any extra attention" has been cracked and allowing further tooth decay?So, I am scheduled to get the laughing gas and novocaine this Saturday at 3pm. Can't say I'm looking forward to the procedure, but at least it should put an end to the pain! A good thing, since I fly out Sunday morning to join Michael in Shenzhen before we head to Borneo on Tuesday for a few days of jungle adventure!
Now, lay back, relax, and open wide...
OH my gosh. that great Dentist I recommended is not so great.!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are better.
have so much fun in Borneo.