In just a few days, Michael and I will have been married for 3 years! To celebrate, we decided to dedicate our entire weekend to us and things that we love...
On Friday, Michael surprised me by playing hookie from work. We had a fun day in the city, including lunch at Tai Kang Lu, shopping in the French Concession and Xin Tian Di, and dinner with Bella at Laowai Lu (foreigner's street).
Yeah, we pretty much love each other, food, and shopping!
Saturday, we took a family trip to Sheshan Park just outside of Shanghai. The weather was amazingly gorgeous, and the park was a welcome retreat from the hustle and bustle of Shanghai. The park charges a hefty entrance fee ($18 US/person), but it's worth it to escape the crowds and enjoy the outdoors and fresh air.

Added bonus: Sheshan (Moon River) Park is dog friendly. Bella was able to run around off leash almost the entire time we were there.

And, run she did.

Sheshan Park is also an art sculpture park. Some of the pieces were very interesting, and they come from artists all over the world.

We also found some pretty good scenic spots, perfect for family photos.

I think I'm turning into my mother... I love family photos!

We even did a bit of "hiking".

Bella was so excited. We could barely keep up with her!

After hiking around the entire park, we decided to take a break.

Michael read, Bella rested, and I admired my family.

It was a FUN day. Very romantic. Very relaxing. Dare I say PERFECT?
When we got home, while Bella slept, Michael and I got ready for our anniversary dinner.

My dashing husband!
We had planned to go to an Asian fusion restaurant in our neiborhood that was rumored to be incredibly romantic. However, when we got there, we discovered the entire restaurant had been reserved for a wedding reception. I guess it is a romantic place!

Not to be disappointed, we found a tapas restaurant at Laowai Lu featuring a Spanish guitarist playing romantic tunes.

All in all, it was a perfectly romantic day and an even better evening. Just me and my hubby...
(Bella was still sleeping off the excitement from earlier in the day.)
WOW! Michael really upped the par! Looks like so much fun! Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful day. Almost as wonderful as the day you two joined your lives together!! Thank God for your marriage.
ReplyDelete