So, I feel that we've grown far enough into our blog relationship that it is no longer taboo to discuss the issue of public restrooms in Shanghai...

Feel the urge to go while grocery shopping, working out at the gym, or even eating at a local (I mean local) restaurant? Four times out of five, the above is what you will find: a ceramic hole in the ground! (Don't even look for the toilet paper!)
Usually at nicer shopping malls and most western restaurants, there are actual toilets, but I still wouldn't bother looking for the toilet paper...
Today, I was REALLY surprised to find a more luxurious feature in a public restroom: yes, that's right, the blissful sound of running water, available at the wave of a hand. Ah, what service!
Oh, that brings back such fond memories of China and reminds me to pack lots of little kleenex packs this June. Just FYI. There are female "funnels" to buy online for us gals. They're disposable! Maybe that's a great birthday present?
ReplyDelete