The last full day of our vacation in Phuket, we decided to take a speed boat tour of some of the other Thai islands. We went to Phi Phi, Maya, Bamboo, and Khai Islands and Monkey Beach. Some of you may have heard of Phi Phi Island (actually pronounced "pee pee" HA!) It was made popular in the movie "The Beach" starring Leonardo DiCaprio. In the movie it is pretty much a paradise, and it would have been in real life too, except for all of the people! We had a great time on this tour, and Michael got some great photos to share:
A wonderful specimen at Monkey Beach. No, tourists are not allowed to get off the boats, but the tour guides atttract the monkeys to the beach with lots of bananas! They were everywhere.

Our approach to Phi Phi island. Can you see all of the boats and people?

An artistic view of some of the smaller boats anchored at Phi Phi.

Another one of the smaller boats... we liked its name!

A scenic view from the back of Phi Phi island. We had to hike (barefoot) over lots of rocks and up a steep climb to get here, but it was worth it for the view!
WOW! These are great pictures! I love the angles! Looks amazing. I can't believe how much you guys are getting to see! I'm so jealous! Think of all the stories you'll have!
ReplyDeleteI would LOVE to have one of these on the bathroom gallery wall! That might be a great Christmas present. HINT HINT
ReplyDeleteOK - when I finally get over there I hope you don't mind but I think I may want to repeat your vacation!
ReplyDelete