Sunday, January 24, 2010

Busy Saturday...

Once again, we had a very busy weekend. After getting our shipment on Saturday morning, we headed out to the fabric market on the South Bund in Puxi. This is the most exciting place that I have been since we got here. The people/stores in this shopping center can make ANY article of clothing with custom measurements, fabrics, and designs. They will even "copy" your favorite articles of clothing. There are specialty shops for leather, suede, cashmere, cotton, Chinese silk, Thai silk, and everything in between. And, it's cheap... We ordered 3 dress shirts for Michael at 120 RMB each, that's $18 per dress shirt!!! Even TJMaxx can't beat that!!!! (And I LOVE TJMaxx.) So, whenever you come to visit bring your favorite worn out clothes, and we'll get copies made at the fabric market in less than a week!

After the fabric market, we went to the eyeglass market (yes, there is a market for just about everything). OK, so when Michael and I return to the states, we're probably gonna have about 5-6 pairs of glasses each. First of all there are literally thousands to chose from. On top of that, they are also very cheap and they can make them in about 15 minutes!!! Michael got a new pair that are little more trendy than his old ones. I'm a fan... what do you think?

After the eyeglass market, we had dinner with Jerry Huang and Ada Mao. Jerry worked under Michael for IR in St. Louis a couple of years ago, and Ada is his wife.

1 comment:

  1. The flowers are beautiful, but only second to the smiles on your faces. Yes Michael's glasses look great.
    I can't wait to go to the market. Clothes that FIT ME. I'm saving for a ticket starting today!
    Love you both.

    ReplyDelete