While the taxi was relatively warm, once we got to M-50 I never really warmed up because I was still wet. *****please see note below***** We looked at many galleries for the next hour and a half, but we did not even put a dent in viewing the amount of art in this area. (Hopefully, we will return when the weather is not wet and a bit warmer. And, I will be eager to put Michael's subway/walking plan into action.)
A large portion of the gallerieis were dedicated to paintings, but we also saw some beautiful ceramics with amazing crystaline glazes (sorry Mr. Fielding, no photography allowed at that gallery), and interesting sculpture, too. In one gallery we came across a very interesting painting and I took a picture of it. (Yes, I did check to see if there were any no photography signs. Nada.) In case you can't tell, it is a picture of a Mao army, and all of the comrades have baby pacifiers in their mouths...
*****Note: China is different than the States. (Thank you Captian Obvious...) What I mean is that things we take for granted often times just don't happen in China. For example, American companies heat/cool indoor public spaces like malls, grocery stores, art galleries, etc. The Chinese DO NOT. It is very rare to enter a public space that is heated right now. In fact, because these public spaces are often constructed of marble/stone, they usually feel colder than the outside air temperature! Therefore, in conclusion, while I may be a wimp when it comes to cold temperatures, I may not be as big of a wimp as you originally thought when reading this post??
No comments:
Post a Comment