Sunday, January 24, 2010

Flower Market

On Sunday we went to the Hongqaio flower market. It was quite amazing. Besides cut and fresh flowers of every variety, it also had citrus trees, palm trees, bonsai trees, bamboo, and almost any size of shrubbery you could imagine. It is a fragrant and beautiful place. We snapped a few photos of our favorite things...





Two of our biggest plant obsessions are orchids and bonsai trees, so of course we had to indulge... We are now the happy owners of a a two-foot tall bonsai tree and a beautiful arrangement of not one, but five orchids! They make our new home so pretty!!!


It took us FOREVER to pick out the perfect bonsai tree. In the end, Michael let me pick out my favorite one becasue we could not agree (I love my husband).

This is our orchid arrangement. Again, it was so cheap. This entire arrangement was less than we paid for ONE orchid WITHOUT a pot about six months ago in St. Louis!




1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous! I would love to buy fresh flowers every week!!! Great pics

    ReplyDelete