This is Dragonfruit. So far, it is the prettiest fruit I have found in China. On the outside it is bright red/magenta with green spines/leaves, but it really looks the most amazing once it has been sliced open to reveal the seed-riddled, fleshy inside. I was so amazed at how pretty it was, that I just had to snap some pictures at lunch today. OK, OK, I got a little carried away, and even enlisted the help of Michael, but I thought blog followers might enjoy this pretty fruit as well!
There were several photos of me eating this fruit, but Michael said I looked "devious" in this one and picked it. I'm not sure that one can be devious while eating a fruit, but apparently I've managed to pull it off.
Ta-da! All gone! Little by little I am getting braver with trying new foods. But, as I pointed out to Michael, I will try ANY unknown fruit or vegetable, it's just the unknown meats that I am worried about. Hmmm... babysteps...
I love it too! I can just about taste it while watching you deviously eat it.
ReplyDelete