So, what else did we do in Bangkok, you ask?
Our first full day in Bangkok (I'm not posting chronologically, btw) we visited a very important historical site: the home of American Jim Thompson. He is the man responsible for expanding the Thai silk trade into what it is today. While we learned a lot about Jim Thonpson's life, mysterious disappearance, and the Thai silk trade while we were at this house/national museum, I don't really have too many interesting pictures of that to share with you.
What's that? You're disappointed?
I'm sorry. Perhaps I can cheer you up by sharing some ridiculous pictures of myself at the Royal Field!
While The Royal Field was anything but royal or a field (just a large expanse of dirt with a few blades of grass), Michael and I decided we should take a spin around the area (before entering the Royal Grand Palace complex) just to make sure we weren't missing anything important...
Then they attacked...
All over me!
Oh no!Ok, but seriously, we were scammed. We were walking around the royal field when some locals started throwing dried corn kernels at my feet. Then they gave me a small bag of corn to feed the birds. Before I knew it, I was being attacked. Seriously, I think I should get checked for weird bird diseases. They were pecking my feet and touching me all over... NASTY!
Oh, and get this. When the corn was gone and the birds took off, these two locals told Michael and I that the fee for their "services" was 160 baht! (about 5 bucks!) Ha!

No comments:
Post a Comment