Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Runnin' laps in the mud...

This is Bella's new favorite outdoor play area on the compound. (Do you see her head?) I could not get a good shot that shows the whole structure, but it is a large elevated circle of blocks filled with earth/plants/grass/etc. What is not captured in the picture is the high wall that surrounds this circle, making it into a large semi-enclosed "track". Last Friday, Bella enjoyed getting chased around this circle by her new friend Benji.

Today I wanted to see if I could get Bella to run around the circle while I chased her... Or, was she chasing me???

She had a blast, and ran around the circle over and over and over. I couldn't chase her all the way around the circle because it was so muddy. But, she didn't let that stop her from completing her laps! (Now you can see the other wall...)

It's a good thing that I was planning on today being "bath day". As you can see, her paws were caked with mud after about 15 minutes.






1 comment:

  1. How do you get her to the bath? Those are some dirty paws. Do they make dogs rubber boots? Maybe you can carry a giant spray bottle with you on muddy days.
    I miss Bella, but she looks like she's having the time of her life.

    ReplyDelete