
Ok, so I thought I was done... But, I forgot to post about the most important aspect of any international experience.......... McDonalds! Every McDonalds we saw in Bangkok had a Ronald out front in this pose of Thai greeting, known as the wai. The wai consists of a slight bow with the palms pressed together in a prayer-like fashion. The higher the hands are held in relation to the face and the lower the bow, the more respect or reverence the giver of the wai is showing. (Interestingly, the wai is also common as a way to thank someone or apologise.) The word often spoken with the wai as a greeting or farewell is sawatdee, pronounced "sa-wat-dee".
what lens is that? Diud you get an 18-200? and are these pics from the d100( not the ones with you holding your camera of course)? They are great (both)! Haven't picked up my camera in a few weeks... making me want to go shoot some pics...
ReplyDelete